Corona & the mental health motorbike
Before the virus struck the UK in March 2020, the MHM team had a number of biker events scheduled allowing us to get out to meet and support the biking community. This is currently on hold, but we are supporting individuals in the following ways:
- One to one support as bikers make contact through the website or social media
- Weekly virtual ride outs and chats via the Zoom platform (normally every Sunday at 3pm) these are advertised on the on the Facebook Page – see events
- Support via social media via the MHM Page & MHM Group
- A series fun quiz and online activities
- Production of a number of well being toolkits
What is the Corona virus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow). for latest Government advice click here