The recommended fee for this course is at least £325, Mental Health Motorbike subsidise these courses from our donations for individuals only. If you would like to book a course paid for by your workplace or organisation, the charge is £199.
Our MHFA course is only available to those living in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
Please read before booking:
All Mental Health First Aid Training takes place online via Zoom. You will need access to a computer rather than a smartphone or tablet, to be able to use all the necessary Zoom functions.
Please ensure that you are able to attend all 4 sessions and are not travelling at any point during the course. This has happened several times and disrupts the course for the other participants.
Mental Health Motorbike reserves the right to remove anyone from the course, should their actions cause stress or inconvenience to other participants.
Training takes around 14 hours and is split into 4 sessions, you must attend all of the sessions to qualify. Missed sessions cannot be made up at a later date.
This is an in-depth nationally recognised qualification developed by Mental Health First Aid England.
It is important to recognise that this course covers material which you may find emotionally triggering. Your safety throughout the course is our absolute priority. Please only sign up for this course if you feel able to deal with discussions and examples of, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and other mental health issues.
For group bookings it is possible to organise either online, or in person courses for 8-16 people.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
CLICK ON IMAGE ABOVE TO SEE THE DATES
About mental health first aid training
What is the mental health first aid course?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England is the accredited body who run our training courses. We aim to train over 1,000 bikers by the end of 2024, building the country’s first free dedicated mental health support group for the biker community. Once you have completed the training you can volunteer to use it within our national network, supporting bikers and their families. We want to see mental health first aiders in every town and city in the UK.
So what does Mental Health First Aid do?
- Encourages people to challenge the language we use around mental health
- Explores different frames of reference and the stigma attached to mental health
- Helps people to understand what good mental health looks like
- Explores the factors that can have an impact on our mental health
- Looks at how to support yourself and others with self-care, giving the skills to influence your own mental health and help prevent mental ill health
- Teaches how to intervene (including in a crisis), reassure and signpost people to further support
- Teaches you about diagnosable mental health conditions, what unwell looks like and how to spot these signs in yourself and others
- Talks about what to do if you think someone is unwell and the steps to take for early intervention
- Talks about recovery from mental illness and looking forward
If you’d like to book a course with Mental Health Motorbike, you can book using the button above.
Please note our refund terms below:
You are legally entitled to change your mind about attending a MHFA course, and receive a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of booking. After that time, we are unable to refund you. We may sometimes be able to transfer your booking to another course date, providing that you have made your request at least 14 days before your booked course is due to start. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer request made within 14 days of course commencement.
Mental Health Motorbike hopes that you understand our position, as a charity we are very careful to make every penny donated to us count. Short notice cancellations make it unlikely that we can re-sell the place, and we would have to use our funds to cover any shortfall.