MHM MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental health first aid
What is the mental health first aid course?
we run the adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training course that we have personalised it to link into the Mental Health Motorbike creating a network of trained people sympathetic to the needs of bikers.
Our Mental Health First Aider courses:
- Encourage people to challenge the language we use around mental health
- Explore our different frames of reference and the stigma attached to mental health
- Help people to understand what good mental health looks like
- Explore the factors that can have an impact on our mental health
- Look at how to support yourself and others with self-care, giving the skills to influence your own mental health and help prevent mental ill health
- Teach how to intervene (including in a crisis), reassure and signpost to further support
- Teach about diagnosable mental health conditions, what unwell looks like and how to spot these signs in yourself and others
- Talk about what to do if you think someone is unwell and the steps to take for early intervention
- Talk about recovery from mental illness and looking forward
If you are interested complete the form below to register an interest.