VALUE 1 – MAINTENANCE & RECOVERY
LOOKING AFTER OUR BIKE & OURSELVES KEEP US RUNNING WELL
- Recovery is an ongoing journey, rather than a destination.
- We believe in doing regular checks including maintenance on ourselves and our bikes.
- One day at a time – one step at a time
- Resting is not quitting – we will always welcome you back when you need support.
- Put your own oxygen mask on first, before helping others.
- Sharing your lived experience is valuable to others and actively encouraged.
VALUE 2 – INTEGRITY
DESIGNED BY BIKERS FOR BIKERS
- Our support, events, activities and partnerships are based in or around the UK motorbike community.
- Once a biker, always a biker.
- We don’t ride past another biker on the side of the road. We are here to support.
- We are transparent. We share knowledge & information and are open to new ways of working.
- We answer questions.
- We take responsibility.
- We are inclusive and here for bikers of all types.
VALUE 3 – BEING HUMAN
WE ARE ALL AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE BIKES WE RIDE
- We all have mental health. There is no health without mental health.
- We recognise lived experience and the role this plays in supporting others.
- We are non-judgemental and we are inclusive valuing the benefits diversity brings.
- We can’t do it all ourselves, we ask for help volunteers are a key part of our community.
- We see an individual first rather than a condition or diagnosis.
- We find out if we don’t know, we learn, we share.
- We all make mistakes. We can change and we can improve.
VALUE 4 – HOPE
WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE JOURNEY & ROAD AHEAD
- There is always hope, tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities.
- Time heals and we are here to support
- When the road ahead seems blocked, we find another way around.
- We adapt, improvise & overcome.
- We share stories of hope, we find hope as a biker family.
VALUE 5 – CONNECTION
BIKES ARE THE GLUE THAT HOLD US TOGETHER
- Poor mental health is really common; you are not alone, we are here to listen.
- We support and empathy drives the connection within our community.
- We collaborate, we create strategic partnerships.
- Together we can find a way forward. We are a committed charity building a meaningful community.
- We build, we encourage, we empower and we develop innovative ways of working.
- We include, we welcome, we do things differently.